First Baptist Grapevine exists to see all people reconciled to God through Jesus Christ. Our mission is to make disciples of all people. Our method is connecting, discipling and multiplying.
We are a gospel-centered community of believers on a endless journey with Jesus. Inspired by love, truth and power, we seek to reconcile people to God by connecing, discipling and multiplying.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
There is one God: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; who subsist in unity, and also as three separate distinct Persons.
Jesus Christ is God's Son. He was born of a virgin as both God and man, lived a sinless life, died to atone for the sins of human beings, was buried, arose from the grave, ascended into heaven and will literally return to earth.
The Holy Spirit is the divine helper, assistant, counselor and instructor and His work is to reveal Christ, convict of sin, lead to repentance, guide believers, comfort, strengthen, and sanctify the soul.
The Bible is God's Holy Word, without error, and is the sole authority for life.
Human beings are the special creations of God, made in His image. They fell through the sin of the first man, Adam, and all human beings are sinners in need of salvation.
Salvation is a gift through repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ. Every person who truly is saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ and will spend eternity in heaven, while those who die in their sins will spend eternity in hell.
Baptism is by immersion after salvation and is done in obedience to Jesus Christ's command.
Each believer has direct access to God through the Lord Jesus Christ.
The church is a local body of baptized believers with the Lord Jesus Christ as the Head.
Declaration of Commitment
First Baptist Church Grapevine
As those who have been brought to faith in Jesus through the powerful working of God’s Holy Spirit and have identified with Christ through baptism as believers, we pledge that with God’s help we will give ourselves to the following commitments:
- We will align our lives to the example of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 5:1-2; Ephesians 5:8-10; 1 Peter 2:21; 1 John 2:6)
- We will seek to follow Christ’s mission to make disciples among our neighbors and the nations by the power of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 3:14-15; Mark 8:34-38; Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8; 2 Timothy 2:2).
- We will submit ourselves to the authority of the Bible and the Leadership of the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17; John 16:13-15; Romans 12:1-12; 1 Corinthians 2:10-13; Galatians 5:1 and 16-18; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- We will actively and joyfully participate in the corporate life of this local church, serving in its ministries; participating in gatherings; and attending weekly services for worship, fellowship, prayer and receiving instruction from God’s Word (Acts 2:42-47; Ephesians 6:18; Hebrews 10:24-25).
- We will seek to establish true Christ-centered community for us to enjoy and the world to witness, seeking to maintain the unity of the Spirit through connection, instruction, encouragement, and caring for one another (John 13:34-35; Acts 4:32-37; Romans 12:9-10; 2 Corinthians 13:11; Ephesians 4:1-6; 4:25-5:2).
- We will seek to discover, develop, and exercise our God-given gifts and talents for the glory of God and the growth of his people, the Church (Romans 12:3-8; 1 Corinthians 12:12-31; Ephesians 4:11-13; Colossians 3:17 and 23; 1 Peter 4:10-11).
- We will cheerfully, sacrificially, and regularly give financial support for the ministries and expenses of the church, so that we may help those in need and advance the gospel of God’s Kingdom to all nations (Acts 2:44-45; 4:32-37; 2 Corinthians 8:9; 9:6-12; Galatians 6:7-10).
- We will accept Biblical guidance from fellow believers and leaders of the church who are called to shepherd, instruct, and encourage the spiritual growth of its members (Colossians 3:16; 1 Thessalonians 5:11-14; Hebrews 3:13; 10:24, 13:7, 17).
- We will hold one another accountable to this Commitment, encouraging each other to keep these promises and seeking to gently restore those who insistently live contrary to them (Matthew 18:15-17 and 21-22; 1 Corinthians 5:6-7; Galatians 6:1; Ephesians 4:25 and 32).
We are proud of our history in Grapevine. Since 1854, the men and women who started the church in the home of Uncle Nathan Hudgins to the men of women of today, the church has always had the vision of impacting the community for Christ.
Today, we reach people from all over the DFW area, but the church will always be linked to those beginning roots. From the first red brick building built on the corner of Wall and Church streets to the beautiful Worship Center opened in 1995, the doors of FBC Grapevine have been open to anyone who is looking for a relationship with Jesus.
As the church celebrates our role in making Grapevine one of the most attractive places to live, we are looking toward the future with new challenges and opportunities to reach the community with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
One of the best ways to learn more is to attend Discover First. It's a one-hour session with Pastor Doug and other First Grapevine pastors. During this hour, we will discuss the details of our mission path to the Great Commission. We also welcome any and every question! Click here to see the dates and sign up.