The Family Ministry at FBC Grapevine
PURPOSE (Target on the Wall): The Family Ministry exists to build lifelong followers of Christ through multi-generational faithfulness to bring God glory.
FAMILIES ARE PRIORITY
- Our desire is to be Gospel Centered families. Meaning that Jesus drives the DNA and functioning of our family. This is seen when families take care of families.
- God has designed the family to be the center of discipleship and evangelism (Duet 6)
- The Biblical purpose for Parenting is to press the hearts of children with the Love of Christ every day.
- God created the family to be a picture of multi-generational faithfulness to bring Him glory.
- Staff and volunteers will work together with the same end goal in mind. What we do will not be haphazard, rather it will be driven with purpose.
- We will filter everything we do with the end in mind. We want every kid and student that graduates from our church to be a life-long follower of Jesus Christ.
- We will be unified.
PARENTS WILL BE SERVED
- Partnering with Parents to build lifelong followers is key to success
- We will do our best to equip parents to have tools and resources to disciple children.
- We will not only focus on doing a great job leading kids and students, but we will also do our best to challenge and disciple parents
AGE SPECIFIC PROGRAMS WITH VALUE
- Age specific programs will be done with excellence, quality and purpose. The world is fighting for the time of our young people. We are going to fight back. Our programs are NOT discipleship, but rather an excuse for discipleship to happen.
- Events, trips and Bible studies will reflect our purpose. All of these will be transparent for parents to continue discipleship at home.
- Milestones and Transitions are a big deal, we will leverage these for discipleship.