Submit a Prayer Request>>
Prayer: The Way to Spiritual Refreshment
The Prominence of Prayer in the Life of Christ
Luke 3:21, 5:16, 6:12, 9:18, 9:28-29, 11:1, 23:32, 23:34, 23:46
The Priority of Prayer for the Christian
- Luke 21:36
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- Luke 18:1
- 1 Timothy 2:1-6
The Particulars of Prayer for the Christian
- Adoration: Praise for God’s person (Revelation 4:11)
- Thanksgiving: Appreciation for God’s work (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- Intercession: Petition on behalf of others (James 5:16)
- Petition: Prayer for specific needs (Matthew 6:32-33)
- Confession: Agreeing with God and receiving His forgiveness for your sin (1 John 1:7-9)
The Principles of Prayer for the Christian
- Make prayer your first response in all things, not your last.
- Thank God in all things, no matter how they may appear.
- Focus on the Lord and not on your problems when you pray.
- Be specific when you pray, not general.
- Pray in faith and claim God’s promises.
- Put your confidence in the faithfulness of God when you pray.