Surrender! Pray, Give, Go… --- Isaiah 6:8
First Baptist Church-Grapevine Statement of Missions:
The role of missions at FBC Grapevine is to encourage the spread of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This to be done locally (DFW area), domestically (Texas and the United States) and internationally (the world). It is desirable that all mission efforts be sustainable, have specific measureable goals, have a specific time frame and be for the direct purpose of sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. FBC Grapevine will encourage all members to pray for missions, give to missions and to go serve in mission projects.
Lord, Develop my heart for sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in everyway that I can. Help me to be mindful to pray for those that are lost, for missionaries, that serve sharing the Gospel and for ways that I can be actively involved. Help me to give to missions by being a good steward of the resources you have blessed me with. Help me to be willing to go wherever you call me to go…ready to share your love to others. I offer my gifts, my time, my money and myself to you. May I surrender to the call of missions! In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.
Websites which Present Opportunities to Pray for Missionaries:
- International Missionaries
- North American Missionaries
Prayer Chapel at FBC-Grapevine – Within our own prayer chapel there are opportunities to pray for missionaries for which there is a relationship within our own church body. (Contact: church office)
- Ten percent of all monies given to our church go to the Southern Baptist Cooperative program which supports missionaries worldwide.
- GRACE – Fixed amount given by church out of the budget each year for organization serving Grapevine and surrounding area with food, clothing and medical needs. Amount determined by Mission Committee.
- Real Choices Pregnancy Center-Fixed amount given by church out of the budget each year for organization serving pregnant women in the Grapevine area with counseling, medical and other needs. Amount determined by Mission Committee.
Member Special Offering:
- Lottie Moon International Missionary Offering – Offering gathered around Christmas for International Missionaries.
- Annie Armstrong North American Missionary Offering – Offering gathered around Easter for North American Missionaries.
- Mary Hill Davis Texas Missionary Offering – Offering gathered in September for Texas Missionaries.
- Coats for the Kingdom- Every year in November as the weather begins to become cooler, the Singles Ministry asks for donations of new and used coats to be collected for all ages and given to GRACE, an organization serving Grapevine and surrounding area with food, clothing and medical needs. (Contact: Frank Roberson)
- Operation Christmas Child -Every November the Children’s Ministry asks for donations of shoe boxes filled with personal items for children to be given and sent to Samaritans Purse for distribution worldwide. (Contact: D’Ann Laywell)
- Real Choices-Once a year church members are given empty baby bottles to fill with loose change to support Real Choices Pregnancy Center. (Contact: Church Office)
- Ecuador Trips – FBC Grapevine has been sending members of the congregation to Cumbaya, Ecuador 3-4 times a year to help develop and start new churches. Trips are being planned in the upcoming year. (Contact: Church Office)
- Japan Trips – FBC Grapevine is sending members of the congregation to Japan to help with relief after the Tsunami. Trips are being planned in the upcoming year. (Contact: Bill Robinson)
- Venezuela Trips – In 2011 an exploratory trip was made with the Texas Baptist General Partnership to determine if FBC Grapevine should arrange mission trips to the country of Venezuela. A trip is being planned for the upcoming year. (Contact: David Pait)
- International Friends-Every Tuesday morning from 9-12:30pm during the school year, internationals and volunteers come together for English as a Second Language classes to learn English and American customs as well as customs from other countries. Craft, cooking and bible classes are offered as well. (Contact: Janice Smart)
- Mission House-Our church provides a home for missionaries on leave for a season. The home is maintained and cared for by volunteer church members and staff. It is located at 2614 Jenny Lane, Euless, TX 76031. (Contact: Church office)
- Camp Riverbend-During Spring Break a trip is planned to Camp Riverbend to maintain the property at the camp. This entails painting, minor construction and general overall cleaning and preparation for the summer camps. (Contact: D’Ann Laywell)
- New Orleans – Student Ministry-During Spring Break, the Student Ministry is taking a trip to New Orleans to help in local food pantries, lead children’s activities and evangelism. (Contact: Matt Poe)
- I Can Saturdays-Twice a year a Saturday is arranged for our members to serve in various capacities throughout the community. We serve at the local food pantries and at the Union Gospel homeless shelter. We arrange block parties in local venues and even visit those new to the area. (Contact: Mission Committee)
- Volunteer Christian Builders (Contact: Jim Berger)
- Union Gospel-The second Thursday of the month from 6-9pm the student ministry leads children’s church at the Center of Hope Women and Children’s shelter in connection with the Union Gospel Mission organization. (Contact: Linda Boney)
- Moms in Action (Contact: Elizabeth Huffman and Julie Roper)
- Prison Ministry-The first Saturday of the month a group mentors inmates one-on-one in the Dawson Prison unit and then assists them in making a successful transition in the free world. (Contact: Lana Hill)
- Meals on Wheels-Every Tuesday beginning at 10:30 meals are picked up and delivered to homebound people in the community of Grapevine by members of the church. Our church has been delivering this route for over 20 years. (Contact: Lana Hill)
- Women on Mission-Every Tuesday at 11:00 the women come together to encourage mission’s education, pray and support missionaries and participate in local mission projects. (Contact: Women’s Ministry)
- Upward Sports-Every winter and summer the church offers basketball and soccer for children using the Upward Sports Evangelistic program. Volunteers are needed to pray, coach a team, referee, share a devotional and develop relationships with the children and parents. (Contact: Bryan Anderson)
- Trunk or Treat-Every Halloween children in our church and community are invited to a night of treats, games and prizes. Volunteers are needed to hand out candy and/or treats from the trunk of your car, help with a game booth or pass out door prizes. (Contact: D’Ann Laywell)
10. Main Street Days-During Main Street Days in Grapevine in May a booth for the church is set up to inform the community of the upcoming Vacation Bible School in the summer. Volunteers are needed to greet children and their parents, help with a game or craft and socialize with the community. (Contact: D’Ann Laywell)
11. Feed the Children-Every summer the church provides lunches for a week to area children who are in need of a nutritious lunch. Volunteers are needed to prepare and/or serve the lunch. (Contact: D’Ann Laywell)
12. Mission Vacation Bible School-Each summer a week is setup to provide Vacation Bible School at an area apartment complex and/or community center. Volunteers are needed to lead the study, help with the crafts and recreation. (Contact: D’Ann Laywell)
13. Party for Women at the Transition House at GRACE-Each December the Women’s Ministry arranges a party/event for the women at the transition House at GRACE. The women are pampered, fed and just generally encouraged and loved one. (Contact: Women’s Ministry)