Who We Are

We are people of all ages, socio-economic backgrounds, ethnicities who welcome anyone who seeks after God and we have a mission to impact this community for Christ.

History of FBC Grapevine

We are proud of our history in Grapevine.  Since 1854, the men and women who started the church in the home of Uncle Nathan Hudgins to the men of women of today, the church has always had the vision of impacting the community for Christ.  Today, we reach people from all over the DFW area, but the church will always be linked to those beginning roots.

From the first red brick building built on the corner of Wall and Church streets to the beautiful Worship Center opened in 1995, the doors of FBC Grapevine have been open to anyone who is looking for a relationship with Jesus Christ.

As the church celebrates our role in making Grapevine one of the most attractive places to live, we are looking toward the future with new challenges and opportunities to reach the community with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.

For more details on our history, click here….[need link]

1854 The first community worship services in Grapevine were held in the home of Uncle Nathan Hudgins, a Methodist minister.

1856 Pioneer Baptists began worshiping together in a little log cabin schoolhouse on Dooley Street, located across the road from the Grapevine Cemetery.

1869 On December 12th, "The Baptist Church of Jesus Christ" was organized in Grapevine, with eighteen charter members. The church was a quarter-time church; i.e., preaching services were held only once a month.

1870 The church bought three and a half acres, located on the southwest corner of Wall and Church streets for $150.00. Membership grew from eighteen to thirty.

1871 In December, the congregation moved into a new brick building. It had doors and windows, but no floor. The building cost $3251.81. First attempt to organize the Sunday school was short-lived (rescinded in 1872). The church became half-time; i.e., worship services were held twice a month.

1881 Sunday School was organized for the second time. Membership reached 100.

1897 A parsonage was built on land donated by Mr. & Mrs. G.E. Bushong. Rev. R.B. Morgan and his family were the first occupants.

1905 The congregation built its second church building at a cost of $5700.00 on our present Texas Street site. The land was donated by Mr. & Mrs. J.L. Morehead.

1907 Church membership climbed to 300. Morning services were now being held three times a month.

1915 FBC Grapevine achieved full-time status; i.e., worship services were now being held every Sunday.

1924 The church built an annex on the east side of the existing buildings, at a construction cost of $4000.00.

1934 Church membership reached 452, and Sunday school enrollment reached 234. Gifts for all causes totaled $2626.25

1940 A home for the pastor was built to replace the 1897 parsonage, and a baptistery was installed in the church.

1950 The first Educational Building was built.

1951 The second educational building, named the Fellowship Building, was constructed.

1957 The old white frame church building was razed, and a chapel was built with the salvaged material. The congregation used the Fellowship Building for an auditorium during construction of the new sanctuary.

1958 On June 22nd, the new Colonial-Style red brick auditorium was dedicated. The building measured 109ft by 57ft, and cost $150,000.00. A pastor's study and library were included. An educational building and kitchen were also constructed. Membership reached 780 and Sunday school enrollment reached 618.

1969 On September 14th, the church celebrated its centennial reunion. Church membership reached 1000.

1975 The North Education wing was completed in March, at a cost of $148,000.00. It was part of the "Together We Build for the Glory of God" program, which was begun in 1970.

1979 Due to continued church growth, a second morning worship service was begun.

1981 The church voted to use the "Together we Build" program to raise funds for a new $1,000,000.00 Education building.

1982 January note burning ceremony, celebrates Pay-Off of $145,000.00 loan for all renovations and additions made to Church property during past four years.

1983 The West Education Building was completed at a cost of nearly $1,000,000.00.

1987 The Missionary House, located at 212 East Texas Street, was ready for use. David Brown and his family, from Mann, Ivory Coast, West Africa, occupied the house from July through October.

1988 The Christian Life Center was completed.

1991 Due to growth within the Youth division, the church leased the old Burrus Building, and remodeled it at a cost of nearly $90,000, to create a Youth Building. Much of the labor was done by volunteers.

1992 In August, Sunday School attendance reached a one-day high of 1125. Attendance reached 1000 or more on Twenty-Two Sundays during the year. On three of those Sundays, attendance was 1100 or more. On August 24th, the Worship services were moved to the Christian Life Center to accommodate the increased attendance.

1993 In January, the church hired an architectural firm to complete the design of a new Worship Center. At the same time, a firm was hired to lead a capital fund raising campaign, in anticipation of building the new auditorium. Two Sunday school times were kicked off on August 29th, with "Great Start Sunday". In November, the church voted to approve the building of our current Sanctuary.

1994 September 4th was "Ground Breaking" Sunday for the new Worship Center. On October 23rd, 125 years of ministry at FBC Grapevine was celebrated.

1995 On Christmas Eve, the current Worship Center was completed.

2003 Plans made for new location building, to accommodate the need for expansion of children's ministry facilities, which could not be accomplished at the present church location. The church purchased 24 acres off 121 with the vision of better ministering to Grapevine and the DFW Metroplex through a more visible, highly accessible location.

2006 The church voted to renovate the former Worship Center into Paradise Pond, with all facilities able to relocate to the future church campus.

2007 On May 20th we dedicated our 24 acres of land purchased in 2003 to the Lord in a unified worship service and prayer walk on the property.